This tutorial provide step by step that help you to setup a OSC ready Arduino which allows you to send instruction to your Arduino wirelessly from your iOS/Android device by using TouchOSC.
Suppose you have basic knowledge on computer networking, and Arduino, and we are going to cover the following topics.
- Show you how they connected together.
- The network setup
- The exact Arduino coding
- Composing TouchOSC interface
- TouchOSC Setup on iOS
- Show you the result of the setup
1. Hardware Setup
Let’s take a look the setup diagram, see how this connected.
- A servo connected to Digital Pin 13
- Arduino ethernet assigned a IP 192.168.0.178
- iOS will be assigned a IP 192.168.0.12 by DHCP
You need the following component to construct your setup
1. Arduino board (Mega 2560, UNO…etc)
2. Arduino compatible ethernet Shield
3. Low power consumption servo unit, recommend a mini or micro sized servo.
4. Power supply, for example 5v, 2A
5. Wireless AP/Router, DHCP enabled.
Let’s Hook them up
Let’s start to hook them shown as below